Do you have an excellent interdisciplinary research idea in mind, but you have not had the possibility to perform preliminary experiments to show proof of concept needed for obtaining project financing?
SmartBio has opened a call for seed-money funding for all SmartBio consortium members. The funding is intended for novel joint interdisciplinary research within the consortium, preferably including members from both Åbo Akademi University and University of Turku.
The call is open now, September 28th – October 23rd 2020
- The funding period is November 2020 – March 2021, max. 2000 euro / month
- The funding is intended for consumables and services, and with certain restrictions for paying a personal grant. All funding must be consumed by the end of 2020
- The call is open for everyone working in SmartBio – especially PhD students and young post-docs are encouraged to apply
- Funding decisions will be published by the end of October 2020 on the SmartBio web-pages
The application must contain a 1-2-page research proposal with
- Background of the work
- Materials and methods
- Expected results and their relevance for future funding applications
- Budget and people involved
The application must also include the applicant’s CV and a statement from the head(s) of the laboratory(ies) to verify the research units’ commitment to ensure the basic preconditions for the work.
The researcher reports on the use of the funding latest by 31st May 2021. Moreover, the recipient together with the interdisciplinary research group will report on funding applications submitted and granted based on the project results.
The applications should be addressed to the SmartBio steering group and sent as a single .pdf file to Maija Lespinasse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, please contact:
Assoc. Prof Yagut Allahverdiyeva-Rinne email@example.com
Assoc. Prof Henrik Grénman firstname.lastname@example.org
picture: conerdesign, pixabay